Sunday

wHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP??


It’s a question that has been bouncing in my head since I was asked by my D.A.R.E. Officer, Officer Rose. He didn’t even wait for my answer he just sat there and said ‘Drugs will get in your way.’


But what if I want to be a drug addict? What if I do want to get taken advantage of in one of my various highs? If those were my life goals –which they are not– I suppose that dialogue wouldn't work. Moving on, well I’ve changed my goals from Astronaut to Scientist over the years till finally I got my batteries put in correctly and I decided to make head way in Aero. That worked for a few years but then I found my dust laced writing notebooks. I read all my material and I fell in love with a couple of my stories and it snapped me out of my five year writer’s block. Since then I’ve been writing and navigating the Atlantic like waters that are in my head. But then I saw how hard it is to get published and I figured I would settle for bookstore owner. Now I got another question, why settle? I decided to give myself a little credit and my characters a little love by publishing my work. Hopefully one day I'll see my work in print. My point is that my writing won't be taking the backburner anymore it will be part of my main job-goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment