Sunday

Does Fighting Really Make Your Relationship Stronger?

Everyone says that when you overcome your obstacles, it makes you stronger. But does that kind of statement apply to relationships?

I once heard that if a couple cannot handle the hard times together, then they will not succeed. I guess it's the thought of being there for each other and taking care of each other. It's like you're both going through it together instead of dealing with it separately. Do the obstacles you go through as a couple, like fights and drama, make you both stronger and the relationship more durable?

My boyfriend and I are a happy couple. We do have a few fights, but they're meaningless and very tiny compared to our other friends' fights. Because we don't fight a lot - practically not at all - does that mean our relationship is strong, or do we HAVE to go through these "tests/obstacles" to make us stronger?

I'm not saying that we should start fights with each other or anything. It was just a random realization that I had. Should I even worry that we don't fight at all?

Some people want drama in their relationship or are drama seekers to make their dull relationship more exciting...but I would like to stay away from those issues so we can have a normal and happy relationship. We both hate fighting and getting angry with each other, so we both are cautious and try not to let things get to us. And it's working so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment