Sunday

Seriously ridiculous.

"Ridiculous" just happens to be my word for general I-don't-know-what-to-call-this-kind-of-behavior-but-it's-not-right. And by "not right," I mean "beyond wrong." Ridiculous: when seriously wrong just doesn't say it all. Whenever you feel yourself in some surreal, Twilight Zone moment, where you don't know how to explain the madness around you (and you're not intoxicated), just call it ridiculous. No need for a thesaurus; I just gave you the word. And I really do mean surreal... like when you first wake up after a long night of caffeine, PS2, and overall bad judgment, and you don't really know what's happening... maybe you're still in a dream... maybe you're up like it's a school day, but it's really Saturday... is my paper due TODAY, or next week... why am I talking to myself... and then you're sitting there microsleeping 15 minutes at a time unable to remember the last thought you had. It's like that. Some of you know what I mean. Some of your DRIVE this way.

Ridiculous



Strange; is the term that comes shortly before ridiculous. They're strange when you meet then; ridiculous when you figure out that that's just HOW they are. Think all of the weird kids from high school or college, and then imagine that you're surrounded by them five days a week. Yeah, welcome to my world, except the weird kids I knew were kind of smart or nice, but still missing something normal. I'm talking about WEIRD weird... kind of like that kid in high school who thought South Africa was a region in Africa, and not a country. ....lol

Example? Ok. The guy next to me is a real piece of work. He thinks he's a player, but he's not. Not even a bad one.. he's just not. He's the absence of player. It's like in chemistry... there's freezing and then there's absolute zero. He's absolute zero. No playerness at all. That's not a bad thing, really, but it's bad to try so hard and be less really bad. I hear him on the phone (at work) talking to whomever he manages to pick up at places I don't want to go... and his game is really bad. Bad game... like when you're the first one to go bankrupt in Monopoly. Don't be that person, because he already is. And he says vulgar things that are kind of funny, except that he really means them, and says them all the time. At first, you'd think "Haha, look at this guy. Is he serious?" [Kind of like women who laugh at some guy being dumb and he thinks you think he's cute. Happens all the time. Stop it]. And there I am on the other side of the room, like "Oh yeaaaaah. He's serious... like a final exam essay question worth 65% of your whole course grade..

People like that are disturbing. Disturbing like when you're drinking from a public fountain outside of a restroom, and you hear a toilet flush, and the water pressure goes down... and then returns to normal... and you think to yourself "I wonder if that's coming through here?"



I'm just telling the truth, though. I think that would be my ideal campaign slogan. People will say "well, I don't like his stances on the two issues that matter to me, but... man, he keeps it real." But, knowing me, I'd change it up in '09, like "hey, keeping it real was SO '08. This is '09, brothaaaaaa." Something like that.. lol

There's nothing good to say about a work environment where I'M the normal one. Believe it."peace"

No comments:

Post a Comment