Sunday

i hate valentines!!!!!

I know what you're thinking, Valentine's Day is a day for relationships and expressing our love for one another.So then, what is every other day for?If you ask me, Valentine's Day is nothing more than a gaudy, overblown Hallmark-fabricated holiday. If you have a SO, why do you need one day out of the year to tell them you love and appreciate them? Hopefully you do that every day. If you rely on a holiday centered around a naked flying cherub who bombards unsuspecting people with magical arrows to commemorate your love, you might want to take a closer look at your relationship. And if you're single, not only does it become embarrassingly apparent by your somber mood and lack of an oversized stuffed animal or grossly overkill number of roses to flaunt around your school or office, but you often get roped into participating in even more ludicrous holidays, like "Single's Awareness Day" and receive countless Facebook invites for dinner parties and movie nights themed around the idea of giving Valentine's Day a big "fuck you" while you pitifully watch chick flicks and cram your face with chalky candy hearts and leftover boxed chocolates. As for me, you may be surprised to hear after all my bashing that I am not, in fact, single. My boyfriend hates Valentine's Day just as much as I do (although I have my suspicions that his reasons stem from the amount of money men are typically expected to spend on V-Day), and we've decided to treat it like any other day in our relationship. In fact, I told him that my ideal Valentine's Day would be nothing more than the two of us spending the day together in a nice cozy bed, far away from the cold, the stress, the flaunting couples, and the Hallmark gifts. No flowers, chocolate, stuffed animals, romantic movies, or expensive dinners for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment